What you'll need
- Sponge Cake
- 5 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sifted granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Separate eggs. In small mixer bowl, beat yolks 1 minute; set aside. In large mixer bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating whites until they cling to bottom and sides of
- Pour batter into prepared pans, spreading evenly from center out. Gently tap pans several times on table to break air bubbles. Bake in center of oven 20 to 35 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of cake. Turn out of pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
How to make it
Let cake cool completely, cut in layers and add butter cream icing. Shape cake into a car after that icing smoothly and cover with rolled fondant.
All details are made with rolled Fondant and you can do it all ahead of time. The wheels are chocolate donuts and the tow tower in the back is a pretzel rod cover in fondant.
around the cake is toasted coconut shredded so it look like a dessert.