Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
With my son starting school this fall, I am thinking of the afterschool snacks that I can make for him when he gets home from a long day. My favorite idea: smoothies. This recipe for a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is fabulous with yogurt and milk for calcium, a bit of protein-rich peanut butter, and a banana for that extra fruit serving.
What you'll need
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 very ripe peeled banana
- 1/4 cup cold skim milk
- Making smoothies is a great way to use past-their-prime bananas, but if you have more than you can handle, peel them and freeze in a resealable bag until ready to use. That way you can always have a super-sweet recipe-ready banana to use.
- Choose a yogurt that you like. For instance, you can definitely use Greek yogurt in this recipe but only use if you love it. Otherwise, stick with your usual brand.
- Make it ultra-cold: add 1/2 cup of ice to the blender before processing.
How to make it
Combine the yogurt, peanut butter, banana, and milk in a blender.
Process until smooth and creamy.