From the kitchen of: Judith Tauber-Lovik, Los Altos, California
What you'll need
- 1 can green beans, reserve juice
- 1 can mushrooms, reserve juice
- 1 small jar pimentos, reserve juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/2 cup 'broth' made from juice of canned green beans, mushrooms and pimentos
- 1/2 lb. cooked, tiny shrimp (optional)
How to make it
In a large stainless steel or plastic bowl, combine marinade ingredients.
Add beans, mushrooms and pimentos.
Cover with plastic and refrigerate for several hours, preferably overnight, before serving.
If you want to use shrimp, add them with the vegetables for a truly beautiful, tasty and nutritious salad.